Hotel Adler Cavalieri
Via Della Scala, 40
50123 Florence, Italy
Tel. +39 055 277810 Fax +39 055 27781509
How to reach us
Florence’s Amerigo Vespucci Airport is 5 km away. You can reach the hotel by taxi or by taking public transportation to the Santa Maria Novella station. From the station, follow the directions in the “By train” section.
Once arrived at Santa Maria Novella railway station, take the right exit (the one with stairs), walk down the stairs and cross the tramway. Then head to the right down to “Via Alamanni”. At the first crossing turn left and walk down onto “Via degli Orti Oricellari”. Once you have reached the next crossing turn left and walk down onto Via della Scala. You will find Hotel Adler Cavalieri on the left side of the street after approx. 50 mt. (Via della Scala, 40).
For those traveling by car, an internal garage or external parking is reserved, both for a fee.
The hotel is located in the city center near the train station. The only way to get to our property avoiding the ZTL (vehicle restricted area) is through via Jacopo da Diacceto. So whichever exit you take that’s the address to put into your GPS.
If you don’t have a GPS follow these directions.
From Milan-Bologna - Exit Firenze Nord
- - Take Viale Guidoni and follow for "Novoli"
- - Follow Via Baracca, Piazza Puccini, Via Ponte alle Mosse
- - At the end of the street you’ll see a monumental door – Porta al Prato – stay on the left hand side on Viale Fratelli Rosselli
- - After 250 m, turn right in via Jacopo da Diacceto
- - Keep going until via Alamanni, then turn right in via Santa Caterina da Siena and again in Via della Scala
- - The Hotel is on the right side, at n. 40.
From Rome - Exit “Firenze Impruneta”
- - Drive through the Galluzzo bypass (direction Florence), which ends in via Senese
- - Make a right in via del Gelsomino
- - After 800 m make a left at the traffic light towards Viale del Poggio Imperiale
- - At the roundabout take the 4th exit (Viale Francesco Petrarca)
- - Continue straight towards Piazza Pier Vettori and then stratight to Via del Ponte Sospeso
- - Cross the river Arno and continue until you see via Jacopo da Diacceto, on the right, direction S.M.Novella train station
- - Keep going until Via Alamanni, then make a right in Via Santa Caterina da Siena, another right into Via della Scala
- - The Hotel is on the right hand side, at n. 40.
ZTL - Vehicles restricted area
The whole area around the city center is closed to private transportation. There are specific rules that regulate the access to this area.
The beginning of a ZTL area is recognizable by special signs with cameras put on top that automatically transmit the car plate to law-enforcement agencies.
Hotel Adler Cavalieri is off the ZTL, so you don’t need a special permit to reach us, provided that you follow the above instructions. However, if by accident you drive through any of the restricted areas, we can upload your plate into the police database.
We can upload your plate only once and within 3 hours from the moment you entered the restricted area. Bus lanes within and outside the restricted area are off limits. So don’t drive through any bus lane because we won’t be able to have your fine waived.